Park Lane Terms and Conditions
I hereby apply to become an Independent Contractor of Jewels by Park Lane, Inc. As an Independent Contractor of JBPL. I understand and agree to the following terms:
1. I am of legal age in the state of my residency.
2. I will become a director upon acceptance of this application by JBPL, and I will, at that time, have the right to sell Jewels by Park Lane products in accordance with the JBPL compensation plan.
3. I have read the JBPL compensation plan and I agree to abide by this document and agree that it is incorporated as part of the Agreement by reference. I understand and agree that this document may be amended from time to time a and I agree to be bound by those amendments when published in official company literature.
4. I understand that there is no requirement beyond filing this application and payment of a $39.00 registration fee to become a JBPL director and that any purchase of demonstration / sample kits, sales aids, literature, etc. are strictly voluntary.
5. I understand that a minimum of fifty percent (50%) deposit must accompany all orders submitted to JBPL and that I am responsible for the remittance of any monies to the company.
6. I acknowledge that as an Independent Contractor, I am self-employed and not an employee of JBPL. I understand that I am engaging in an independent business and am not covered by the company under any federal unemployment or worker's compensation act or for social security benefits. Director is also responsible for payment of all federal, state, and local income taxes arising out of director's activities and for filing of all returns and reports.
7. I am entitled to terminate my participation in the JBPL compensation plan at any time by giving written notification to the company. Voluntary termination is effective upon receipt of such notice by the Home Office. Notification of the termination may be forwarded to the affected parties. I understand that JBPL may terminate my directorship at any time, with or without cause, by giving written notification to me. Any termination of this Agreement extinguishes my right to receive any commission, profit, or bonus of any nature from JBPL.
8. The director agrees that while this Agreement is in effect and for a period of one (1) year following the termination of his/her representation of the Company he/she will not use or disclose to any person or company any information obtained while representing the Company concerning the names and/ or addresses of independent contractors or employees or any other trade secrets, nor will he/she reveal to any person or company his/her compensation arrangement or amount he/she receives under this Agreement, nor will he/she use or give to any person or company any sales literature or other materials furnished to her by the Company.
9. From the date of this Agreement until one year following the date of termination of this Agreement (whether by director or company and whether for cause or without cause), director shall not, either directly or indirectly, either for him/ herself or for any other person, firm, or corporation, call upon solicit, divert, or take away any of the company's employees or Independent Contractors.
10. As a JBPL director, I am a marketing representative who establishes and services my clients as an Independent Contractor. My becoming a director does not constitute the sales of a franchise or exclusive directorship, nor are there any exclusive territories granted to anyone. No franchise fees have been paid nor am I acquiring any interest in a security by accepting this Agreement.
11. All orders shall be subject to Company acceptance; the Independent Contractor may not change or alter the Company's regular terms of sales and has no authority to enter into contracts or promises of any kind for or in behalf of the Company.
12. Price discounts on sales kits and samples are offered to promote sales of Jewels by Park Lane products through the party plan method. Any use of sales kits or samples for other purposes will result in a retroactive price charge equal to full retail price.
13. This Agreement is not intended and shall not be construed to create a relationship of employer - employee, partnership, or joint venture between myself and any other director, representative , or sponsor of JBPL. I understand that I have no authority to bind the company to any obligation.
14. I will not use JBPL tradename, logo, copyrighted material, trademarks, or service marks, except in materials provided by the company. I understand that unauthorized use or duplication of trademarks or copyrighted materials is a violation of my Agreement.
15. I hereby agree not to repackage, relabel, copy, or cause to have copied the JBPL products, nor will sell said products under any other name or label. I further agree to refrain from producing, selling, and using, for the purpose of advertising, promoting, or describing the company products, compensation plan, or other programs, any written, recorded, or other materials which have not been approved or provided by the company.
16. The director agrees that this Agreement has been drafted in accordance with the laws of the state of Illinois, and that the company is a Illinois corporation. The director agrees that the company may use equitable remedies (including specific performance and injunctive relief) in addition to any other remedies available, for any actions of the director which may be deemed to be in violation of this Agreement or in violation of any of the company's programs. Any disputes arising hereunder shall be solely governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the state of Illinois and personal and subject matter jurisdiction is solely vested in the courts of the state of Illinois.
17. I agree that because of the personal nature of this Agreement, it may not be transferred or otherwise assigned without the prior written consent of JBPL.
18. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the director and JBPL and no other promises, representations, guarantees, or agreements of any kind shall be valid unless in writing and signed by both parties.
19. If you select the $20 kit special, you must submit $1,000 in sales within your first 30 days. If you do not, you will be automatically charged the $229 kit fee.